Wednesday 26 September 2012

Sixteen Hours. (And Mika.)

My room looks like a tip; there's a suitcase downstairs that should be full by now, but isn't; and I'm procrastinating by writing a blog post. This can only mean one thing: I'm leaving tomorrow.

So I'm obviously not physically ready to leave yet, but am I mentally ready? To be honest, I don't know, and I guess I can't know until I arrive. My main concern at the moment is getting through all the admin: sécurité sociale registration, completion of the procès verbal d'installation, opening a compte courant ... the first few days will be busy, if nothing else. So to keep my spirits up, I've been listening to Mika. Obviously.

Now, Mika's best known for Grace Kelly, but he has released other material since. Most interestingly, his latest album has more than a little bit of French in it. He released Elle me dit, one of the songs on the French version of the album, about a year ago, and left quite a few people wondering exactly how it would fit on an English CD. With that in mind, he's just released a new version, helpfully retitled Emily. As such, today's open question is:



Anyway, I'll try to update this blog within a couple of days. Hopefully it'll include some pictures of where I'm living, as well as prose which is a little more, erm, "focused". Thanks for reading, and again, à bientôt!

P.S. A big thank you to my old school's Modern Languages department, who retweeted me earlier today! If you're reading this because of them, then welcome along ...

No comments:

Post a Comment